Video Files on Forum ×

I have CTK-810 IN Keyboard, i am unable to connect it to my laptop.

I tried installing drivers from the official website but as I have windows 10 it is not supporting anymore.

No USB Devises connected is showing up there.

I have no previous experience to connect laptop  with a keyboard.

Please do help me out.

We do have several members who have used this driver to successfully connect their CTK-810IN keyboards to their Windows 10 computers.  Just last week, I used it to connect my old 2006 WK-3800 to my new Windows 10 laptop:

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=72

If this is the driver you installed, then there are most likely reasons other than this driver for the CTK-810IN not connecting.  If this is not the driver you installed, then you need to un-install it and install this one.  If your laptop has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, try connecting to a USB 2.0 port.  USB 3.0 is supposedly backward compatible, but the USB ports on these older keyboards are USB 1.1, not USB 2.0, and USB 3.0 does seem to have a problem being compatible that far back.  Certainly, do not use a USB 3.0 cable.  The connectors on USB 3.0 cables are definitely not compatible with the USB 1.1 and 2.0 connectors on these older keyboards.  I was fortunate with my WK-3800.  All three USB ports on my new laptop are 3.0, but it still connected without  a problem, but those who do have this problem have had some success connecting a USB 2.0 HUB between the keyboard and the computer, using the HUB as a sort of "2.0 to 3.0 interface".  By far, the biggest cause of USB-MIDI problems is with cables that are too old, or too warn, or just bad.  Old USB 1.1 cables do not do well at all, but so do old USB 2.0 cables with well worn connectors.  They may work fine as printer cables, but not as USB-MIDI cables.  So try a different cable. Cables should not be over 3 meters long, but the standard "6 footers" are best, if you can live with that.

If your connection is successful, it will show up in the "sound devices' section of the Windows 10 Device Manager.  Once it is there, you need to go into the MIDI settings of each one of your software programs, that you want to connect to it, and select it as that program's MIDI-Input and/or MIDI-Output Devices.  You MUST do this MANUALLY.  Your software programs will not do it automatically.  Your keyboard may show up as something as generic as simply "USB DEVICE".

Good luck !

- T -

• Like 1

I installed it and it shows ready to use but not showing up in sound panel.

I do not know how to manually add them.

Currently i am using Audacity, If you know any settings please let me know.

Main issue is detection, it does not detect.

If there are any mobile DAWs or recording apps., Then i would like to try that too.

If you DO want to record MIDI from your keyboard, or "play" MIDI files to it from your laptop, then I recommend Anvil Studio.  It is sort of the opposite of Audacity.  Where Audacity has some simple MIDI features, it is primarily an audio recording program, while Anvil Studio has some audio recording features, but it is primarily a MIDI sequencer program.  Both are free downloads and have a fairly easy learning curve,  For newcomers to this technology, I recommend having both available as part of your music creation/production repertoire.

- T -