Video Files on Forum ×

Audio issues and Bluetooth lag.

splinters

Got a PXS1000 today and decided to experiment with it. First I connected an iPad Pro and it triggered the app (tried Korg Module first). So I tried connecting Bluetooth audio as the Pro doesnt have audio out. It worked but I only got audio on the left channel. I connected my Roland FA06 to the line in and it also played through the left side.

Fearing I got a faulty unit, i restarted the PX and the audio was fixed from the Roland but the bluetooth lag from the iPad was so bad as to be unusable, literally half a second delay.

So, is this to be expected using this setup? Was hoping the PX would work with the ipad as a self contained little set up but not with this lag.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, Brad Saucier said:

The Bluetooth audio spec has latency in general.  It is not designed as a live monitor connection for musical instruments.  It is included on the PX-S1000 for listening to recorded audio playback such as MP3 files or WAV files. 

I have tried to connect the px-s 1000 to a computer via usb midi playing a softsynth. When I send de output from the computer back into the aux line-in (not bluetooth) I also get a lag. I guess alltogether at about 7 ms. It is unfortunatly to much to use. The latency in the computer is about 3 ms but the latency in the aux input seems to be at about 4 ms too!  Is there a way to avoid latency in the aux input?  

I believe that latency is due to the processing buffer required to make the Hall Simulator reverb effects apply to the Audio Input signal. You could try setting the Audio In Hall Sim depth setting to zero and see if it improves at all. Other Casio models without the ability to apply effects to the stereo line input (CDP-S350, CT-X models, Casiotones) do not have this issue because the line input is just a simple passthrough that doesn't apply any extra effects.