Video Files on Forum ×

WK-1350 using Batteries

I have been enjoying my Casio WK-1350 for years.  I have been plugging it into the wall for its power source.

Today I thought I would try unplugging it from the wall and powering it with 6 D cell batteries.

When I pushed the Power Button on the keyboard nothing happens.   Any suggestions  ! ? !

thanks !

With its age, the batery contacts may be oxidized or corroded.  You can clean them up without damaging the silver plating by stroking them gently with a clean standard #2 pencil eraser until they shine.  Wipe the eraser from time to time with a clean cloth or paper towel to remove any residue, and keep it clean, throughout the process.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies.    I took the batteries out and tested them.  5 of them were very good.  1 of them was  "as dead as a doornail"   . . . .  as the expression goes.     🙂      As soon as I replaced that battery with a good battery . . . everything was good to go.

Thanks again ! ! 

• Like 1