Video Files on Forum ×

Upload new tones to CTX9000IN

dilpuri

I bought new Casio CTX9000IN, may looking out for some configuration settings. Before I had Roland fantom X6. I have few tones/ patches and rhythm working on that. I wanted to upload those tones to this new device. I get a message like no files found in USB. What to do or how to change the format/ file type to make it work with CTX9000IN.

The CT-X models cannot import samples or tones from other keyboards, period. The file format (.ZTN) is proprietary to the CT-X models. A wave editor is not going to circumvent this issue because the CT-X9000IN cannot import any new samples.

The .ZTN files that have been shared in the download section here are not "new tones" in the traditional sense; they are modified variants of existing samples within the CT-X tone library created using the built-in tone editor. When you import a .ZTN file, you are applying a series of parameter changes to an existing sample, not importing a new sample altogether.

Your best bet is to use the onboard tone editor on the CT-X9000 to create something that sounds similar to those tones you had on the Roland. You will not be able to import them directly in any way, unfortunately.

• Thanks 1