Video Files on Forum ×

Ipad editor fr. Midi Designer pro 2

ArtinS

Wow, fantastic, keep it up, wish I could help but have no programming chops to do so. Will you know which ipad this will work on-does it matter-newer, older? I am not on the ipad platform, but i would buy one just for this application alone. Don't have the cyrillic fonts in my computer but phonetically-ochin kadasho! Learned Russian in middle and high school but I am rusty. This is a welcome piece of work. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Ух ты, фантастика, так держать, хотел бы я помочь, но у меня нет навыков программирования, чтобы сделать это. Вы будете знать, на каком ipad это будет работать - новее или старше? Я не использую платформу ipad, но я бы купил ее только для этого приложения. На моем компьютере нет кириллических шрифтов, но фонетически - очин кадашо! Изучал русский язык в средней и старшей школе, но я уже ржавый. Это долгожданная работа. Спасибо!

https://mididesigner.com/home/features/.         

everything is described here, they have already programmed everything, now you need to figure it out and configure the buttons in the editor for each channel. I read somewhere that any old iPad can be used for this application, the main thing is to support ipadOS 13

0C6E7587-9ADC-41C2-927D-772A87E44DAE.png

ArtinS-what does your post "midi port A" mean? I am an advanced PX560 user here-understand how the PX560 works.  Port A with the PX560 uses midi channels 1-16 for live sounds being played from the keyboard-splits. layers etc. B channels 1-16 are used only for mid in connections from external sources/sequencers/computer midi connections. C channels 1-16 are only for the midi song recorder, I use all these. I am looking into an iPad, will check other posts to see which ipads Casio musicians are using with Midi Designer.

when port A or port B is on, the tone settings work. When enabled, port C does not work. Probably other commands will work. I'm sitting now studying how to properly register sysex commands for switching banks and disabling and enabling layers, whatever. activate buttons.

You may know this already but I'll post it anyway.

When I program a hex layer-the settings to program the hex layers are different than when editing a single "tone".  Only by selecting a hex layer, can I switch the basic wavs used for each layer in a hex layer. There is also a setting in the menu somewhere-have to look at my PX to remember where this is-that establishes whether the wavs used for a hex layer individual tone will be accessible or not, or some similar function-it is not in the manual, Mike martin had posted about this somewhere here when I asked about programming hex layers and tones. If you are not in hex layer mode, you cannot change the basic wav used to make up the tone-you can only do this from hex layer mode. for an individual tone-you must always start with the tone that uses the wav in that tone, and can only modify the other settings, not the wav when editing a tone. don't know if this info helps, but was something that tripped me up when I first had the PX560. And port C for midi cannels 1-16 as i mentioned is only accessible through the song recorder. The PX560 song recorder cannot record from external midi sources connected to its midi ports-it can only play a midi file connected this way.

• Like 1