Video Files on Forum ×

Ultraviolet - Pseudo Echo

This is a cool Kraftwerk sounding piece from the Australian new wave band Pseudo Echo who have been around since the early 80's.  They are heavy into Korg products, but I figured my awesome PX560 was more than capable of making a cover of this song (by ear) from 2014.  Here's the link to their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRhb6Tc0SRE

I especially like their band graphic logo:

pseudo-echo.jpg.f68425a58b60ab48c5827d4907b3c076.jpg

Ultraviolet.mp3

• Like 4

Casio vs. Korg, eh? IT'S ON!!!! The Casio scores a blow with it's cool angry lead synth parts, wimps out a little with the tiny guitar sound. But overall I'd say...👍‼️ Maybe some added reverb and overdrive would beef it up even more. I like it loud 'n' screechy! 😫 YEAH!!!

Never heard of this group before. I'd say they sound more like Depeche Mode than Kraftwerk. They have more emotion in their music like DM. The bot boys of Kraftwerk are cold unfeeling machines. Well, musically at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind compliment Giano!  I worked on this for approximately 5-6 hours over the period of a week. Used https://chordu.com/ to get basic chords figured out.  But, it isn't very accurate.  I also use https://musicspeedchanger.com/ to play the original band version of the song at a slow speed so I can learn on the keyboard as it maintains correct pitch.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, m10538 said:

Casio vs. Korg, eh? IT'S ON!!!! The Casio scores a blow with it's cool angry lead synth parts, wimps out a little with the tiny guitar sound. But overall I'd say...👍‼️ Maybe some added reverb and overdrive would beef it up even more. I like it loud 'n' screechy! 😫 YEAH!!!

Never heard of this group before. I'd say they sound more like Depeche Mode than Kraftwerk. They have more emotion in their music like DM. The bot boys of Kraftwerk are cold unfeeling machines. Well, musically at least.

Pseudo Echo are an interesting band. Should've gone places, especially their first album, which was heavily Ultravox (Midge era) and Duran Duran influenced. Here's their big single, "Listening", from that album (Autumnal Park). The video couldn't be any more New Romantic if they tried!

They then reinvented themselves, went through a line up change, moved to a more rock direction and had an international hit with a cover of Lipps Inc's "Funky Town".

Though it's a good cover, they lost the magic they had on their first album. Their more recent work leans much more to their New Wave/ Synth Pop sound, though the Ultraviolet track does sound very Depeche Mode whereas the visuals are a definite nod to Kraftwerk.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Tsquare said:

This is a cool Kraftwerk sounding piece from the Australian new wave band Pseudo Echo who have been around since the early 80's.  They are heavy into Korg products, but I figured my awesome PX560 was more than capable of making a cover of this song (by ear) from 2014.  Here's the link to their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRhb6Tc0SRE

I especially like their band graphic logo:

pseudo-echo.jpg.f68425a58b60ab48c5827d4907b3c076.jpg

Ultraviolet.mp3 4.39 MB · 3 downloads

Good job, Sir! Very nicely mixed too 👍

Thanks Chas.  I used 2 different stock PX560 rhythm styles on this for the verse (techno pop) and chorus (electro hop) by switching stored saved registrations while recording system track to make it interesting.  Just have to make sure the BPM tempo is the same between registrations.