Video Files on Forum ×

PX 560 and setting up a future computer recording studio at home.

grothre

I am looking at possibly setting up a home recording studio with my 560. So far from the info and research that I have been doing, I am looking at using the FL Studio producer program for starters. Now I am asking whether or not to look into a audio interface module. Right now, I have seen that the Focusrite interfaces seem to be the more popular and inexpensive ones I have seen so far. I may look into one if I use another instrument other than the 560 of course. However I see no need for one if exclusively using only the 560 as the primary instrument. Am I missing something else to look for or am I on the right track? I am not looking at any other DAW's for now and will not use any so-called web freebies either. Can't really trust them as far as computer security concerns. Thanks for the help and play on.

I use Reaper for my DAW.  It works flawlessly with my PX560 especially after another forum user kindly created a patch script specific for this instrument:  https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1225-px-560-patch-script-for-reaper-daw/.

I use a Printer Cable Cord Type A-Male to B-Male Cable for my MIDI connection to my Win10 PC and a Shielded (to prevent hum) 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Auxiliary Cable from PC lime line out port to the audio in on the PX560.  That's it for connections.  Keep in mind the PX560 has a separate small volume control for the audio in on the rear panel (i.e. make sure it's turned up correct level).  Note:  you may have to select a different output audio device on your PC by clicking the sound icon on your taskbar for the sound to come out the PX560's speakers or headphone jack.

I also use a BEHRINGER audio interface UM2 to connect my acoustic and electric guitars to my Guitar Amp Sim./DAW.  This interface works great and is much cheaper than the Focusrite models.  Hope this is useful to you.

• Thanks 1

You might want to look into Cakewalk by Bandlab for a DAW. Cakewalk has been around for a very long time and is quite good. After many updates over the years and a name change to Sonar it was taken over by Roland but fortunately Bandlab now owns it and offers it for free. It is way above the internet ‘freebies’ that you are worried about. BTW, there is a patch script for Sonar/Cakewalk onthe PX-560 download page.

• Like 1