Video Files on Forum ×

DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Jokeyman123

Pulling the trigger on another ancient keyboard if I can obtain it-having a little trouble with vendor but working on it. An Alesis fusion 8HD-I always get pulled into these problem obsolete keyboards-not Casio these aren't obsolete and hopefully won't be any time soon. Why post about this here? Well I just discovered something v...e...r...y interesting and heartening to us Casio fans.

I found the credits for the Fusion's developers and designers in one of it's ancient user group's files-one of many well-cocumented since this keyboard was extremely evolved but had some OS problems early-I will take my chances. Guess who was in on the design development team? And forgive me MM if i am betraying a trade secret-in charge of Industrial Design-was our own MM-if this is the same person i can't be sure-but it certainly explains once again, why possibly there have been some remarkable developments with our latter-day Casios-the Fusion was (and is IMO) an extremely evolved synthesizer for its time although it lacked the triple-strike pianos of our Casios. I see some very forward-thinking developments in that keyboard for 2005. And although it failed in the marketplace it still has a cult following and is well-supported by individual users.

I see some similarities in its approach to OS controls-particularly the knob control matrix very similar to my PX560. Also was one of the earliest (I think) that had an audio recorder-actually an 8-track digital recorder built in.

If i am right-this is a "feelgood" moment!! That someone who was in on the development of the Fusion is now on the Casio team-speaks volumes to me. And then-the Fusion 8HD weighs more -yes more than 2 PX560//360/CGP/CDP pianos-better get the hand truck ready-just when I thought I'd never have to lug another leslie cabinet-here is another keyboard that weighs almost as much as one!!!

I hope this post doesn't put me on....DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!!!!!!