Video Files on Forum ×

"Harold F." - a Casio SA-76 video

Chas

Here's my "promo" video for an SA-76 only composition I recorded some time back. It's basically a precursor to my four part review of the Casio SA-76 that I will be uploading from next week onward. The piece is heavily inspired by Harold Faltermeyer's "Axel F." from the movie Beverly Hills Cop, except I challenged myself to come up with something similar using only a Casio SA-76 and the free recording software Audacity. I was pleasantly surprised as to how good the SA-76 sounds, and also what I was able to achieve using only Audacity.

• Like 1

Nice clean smooth sound that SA-76 has, Chas. Those bass notes especially sound as good as a more expensive instrument. Of course the piano has that Casio cuteness. Awww! Just makes you wanna go up to that lil Casio and pinch it's cute little cheeks! "You're a little cutie aren't you? Yes you are!"

That's a pretty slick video too. That must have taken an enormous amount of work. One thumb each for the tune and the vid, 👍👍!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:49 AM, m10538 said:

Nice clean smooth sound that SA-76 has, Chas. Those bass notes especially sound as good as a more expensive instrument. Of course the piano has that Casio cuteness. Awww! Just makes you wanna go up to that lil Casio and pinch it's cute little cheeks! "You're a little cutie aren't you? Yes you are!"

That's a pretty slick video too. That must have taken an enormous amount of work. One thumb each for the tune and the vid, 👍👍!!

Cheers m10538!

Yes, the little SA-76 sounds surprisingly good. What surprised me the most was that none of the sounds in my composition needed any EQ'ing. Every sound I used sounded just right straight out of the box. I have some much more powerful and more expensive synths that can't boast of that!

And cheers for the compliment on the video. Yes, quite a bit of work went into that, utilising a lot of the video editing skills and knowledge that I've been learning over the past few months. Finally I feel that my filming, lighting and editing skills have reached a decent enough standard to confidently post videos online and not worry that they look crappy!

On 11/24/2020 at 7:58 AM, giano said:

lovely music and video, thanks for sharing! it is a joy to see an instrument being fully used; so much is possible also with simple setups.

I look forward to your review of the SA-76!

Thank you, giano! It's a fun challenge to only use one keyboard for an entire song, especially an "entry level" keyboard that many take one look at and regard as little more than a toy. As mentioned above, the actual quality of sounds and sheer variety of tones from this little keyboard are quite incredible. It sounds anything BUT a toy!

My series of reviews will start going up online from next week. I hope people will like how I'm choosing to review this keyboard as I am taking a very in depth look at what it can do and what it has to offer. This came about because when I initially chose to review it, I did so because I thought being an entry level keyboard it would be quick and easy to cover all it can do. However, the more I kept exploring its capabilities, the more it kept giving. It really surprised me with what it has to offer, and just how far things have come since the first home keyboards that I remember from the early 1980s!