Video Files on Forum ×

bandhelper midi presets

gergriffin

Hi all,

I am tryin to send program bank changes from Bandhelper.  Ipad connected to px5 via usb cable. I am using channel 15 and msb 112 lsb o and the the program no.  when using midi learn on bandhelper the px5 populates the msb and lsb fields on Bandhelper so the keyboardios talking to Bandhelper.  Problem is the px5 is not receiving the program changes from Bandhelper.  I am a bit confused about the midi settings on the px5 so any help will be appreciated.   I also used a usb/midi convertor and used a midi cable into the px5.  Same thing the px5 will activate Bandhelper but not the other way around.  Bandhelper appears to be sending the midi preset as the lights on the convertor light up when sending the midi preset but has no effect on the px5.    I think its a midi setting on the px5 but no matter what I tried setting wise I can't get it to work.   Any help will be deeply appreciated.

regards

Ger.

I would start by checking the stage setting change setting.  Press system settings>MIDI>stage set change> make sure it's NRPN.  From what you described, it sounds like this should already be set.  It also sounds like the basic channel is already set to 15, but double check just to confirm.  Now, all of this won't work if MIDI IN enable is turned off.  Make sure it's set to ON, for USB and MIDI, depending which method you're using.  The only other issue I can think of it the converter cable itself.  Does it have a brand name, or is it a no name cable?

Hi Brad,

midi in enable is on and the basic channel is set to 15.   Stage setting is set to program chg as that’s where it receives program changes with msb and lsb.   I’ll try with it set to nrpn and see what happens.  Regarding the cable that appears to be working ok as the px5 can send to the iPad with no problems.  It’s the iPad sending to the px5 is the problem.