Video Files on Forum ×

1 pedal vs 3 pedals

Jessey11

Hi, 

I'm an acoustic piano player at intermediate level. Currently I'm looking at digital piano as a backup piano to play at night, and would like explore not digital functions such as rythyms. I'm comparing  Cdp-s350 packages, which some packages come with a single plastic sustain pedal sp-4 and some co e with 3 pedals sp-34.

i m interested to hear from pianists here, is it worth buying a 3 pedals? Howmuch do you enjoy playin piano with 3 pedals comParing single suspension pedal.

woulld any pianists describe the feeling playing with 1 sp3 pedal and-sp34 pedal

looking forward to getsome sharing Experience from 

thank m so much  

• Like 1

All CDP-S350 units should come with the single pedal in the box, unless the vendor opens it and removes it. They should not be doing that. It's part of the "what's in the box" that comes from the manufacturer.

That being said, that pedal is a simple on/off switch for sustain, and isn't physically configured like a real piano pedal. OTOH, the right pedal on the SP-34 not only looks and feels like a real damper pedal, it works like one as well. It does half damping, which you can do on a real acoustic piano. It gives you much more control over what the "dampers" do. The other two pedals work like the real pedals on an acoustic as well. The SP-34 is worth it, IMNSHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

All CDP-S350 units should come with the single pedal in the box, unless the vendor opens it and removes it. They should not be doing that. It's part of the "what's in the box" that comes from the manufacturer.

That being said, that pedal is a simple on/off switch for sustain, and isn't physically configured like a real piano pedal. OTOH, the right pedal on the SP-34 not only looks and feels like a real damper pedal, it works like one as well. It does half damping, which you can do on a real acoustic piano. It gives you much more control over what the "dampers" do. The other two pedals work like the real pedals on an acoustic as well. The SP-34 is worth it, IMNSHO.

Hi Joe, thanks so much 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

I would go for the SP-34 because of the finer damper control.  I currently have a standard SP-3 pedal.  There are times I want to end a sustained chord with a slower decay by gradually releasing the damper pedal, which is something you can do on the SP-34.  I find myself missing that sometimes. 

I am clear now. Thanks, Brad.