Video Files on Forum ×

I have a Casio CTK-720. I make beats on Fruity Loops Studio. Usually I would connect my keyboard to my Windows PC, and there would be no issue. It worked instantly. Now when I plug it up, my CPU does not recognize the Keyboard's hardware. I have downloaded the driver software from the Casio website, and it still does not recognizing it. This is very frustrating because it worked perfectly before. Please help. 

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have an issue with connecting my CTK-800 keyboard to my laptop. I installed drivers from casio site for win 10 64 bit. When i plug in my keyboard to my laptop my laptop recognize that something is pluged in (it makes sound) and thats it nothing else. In manual it says that "Installing device driver
software" message should appear, but in this case nothing appears so i cant fully install drivers... Please help

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Welcome to the forums.  Okay, first thought, perhaps the cable has failed.  Can you check it with another device?  

Yes I did use another cord with another device and the cord worked fine with the other device. For some reason when I try to connect the Casio Keyboard, my computer doesn’t recognize it anymore. This is very disappointing. It worked perfect before. Was it because I allowed a system update or it is some kind of malware?

7 hours ago, Blogger Frank said:

Yes I did use another cord with another device and the cord worked fine with the other device. For some reason when I try to connect the Casio Keyboard, my computer doesn’t recognize it anymore. This is very disappointing. It worked perfect before. Was it because I allowed a system update or it is some kind of malware?

I'm not sure.  CTK-720 is one of the few very early models that needs a Casio specific driver.  Perhaps that needs to be reinstalled. 

On 2/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Brad Saucier said:

I'm not sure.  CTK-720 is one of the few very early models that needs a Casio specific driver.  Perhaps that needs to be reinstalled. 

In the original post “I stated I have downloaded the driver software from the Casio website, and it still does not recognizing it.” It appears this method is not the solution to my problem. I just want my Casio CTK-720 to work like it did before. All i did was plug it in through the usb port, and my cpu instantly connected. Now, it’s as if there is an error which does not allow everything to work properly. Any quality help is very appreciated.