Video Files on Forum ×

New Practice Tune 122720 Solo Piano Improv on PX560

PX560 piano tone 001 GrPnoConcert.  Unmodified factory preset.

Have played at least a dozen or so versions of this so far.  Each a bit different.  I don't know if this is, strictly speaking, original, or if it's enough like something that's already out there that it's, strictly speaking, some sort of variation on a theme, or a derivation, or whatever a not original tune might be called.  Anyway, it isn't consciously based on any tune in particular that I'm aware of at this time.  But it undoubtedly has bits and pieces of stuff I've heard over the years.  It started as just some left hand chord changes, not connected to any particular tune, that happened during random practice ramblings, that I liked, and then different improvised right hand stuff.  If anybody knows of anything that it sounds a lot like, please let me know.  Thanks, and thanks for listening.

Recorded into the PX560's sequencer in one take, then as .wav file onto USB stick in the PX560, then transferred to computer, then encoded to MP3 via Audacity.

The MP3 parameters are:

Bit Rate Mode:  Variable

Quality:  220-260 kbps

Variable Speed:  Fast

Channel Mode:  Joint Stereo

NewTune122720.mp3

Edited by TomTWK7600
Forgot to put the preset tone that was used.

On 12/27/2020 at 7:28 PM, Tsquare said:

Very enjoyable and you have very good dynamic control (i.e. fortissimo to pianissimo).  You may want to download the Noire piano (custom hex) for the PX560 by Mike Martin on this forum which I think would compliment your playing style.

Thanks Tsquare!  Yeah, the dynamic range of the PX560 is fantastic.  I'm definitely going to check out that Noire piano custom hex that you referenced.

17 hours ago, m10538 said:

That's really professional level playing, Tom. And beautiful too, 👍! I don't recognize any known tune in there. But it has a Debbusyesque jazzy feel. Totally cool!

Thanks m10538!  Music is just the best hobby as far as I'm concerned.  I recommend it to everybody.  The PX560 is an inspiring instrument.  I recommend it to everybody also.