Video Files on Forum ×

WK 7600, low output volume

Hello all. I'm having a little trouble recording out of my WK7600. The output volume is extremely low. I'm using the Focusrite 18i8, and have the WK attached to channels 7/8 in the back inputs. I'm attempting to record an Accomp progression into original Sonar X3 Producer (before Bandlab), and/or into NCH Wavepad. The result so far has been a teeny, scrawny little waveform that Wavepad barely even notices :P The volume is great out of the WK7600 onboard speakers, but not line out. Any suggestions would be wonderful, and I thank you in advance for your help. Happy New Year and stay SAFE!

Regards,

Jen

• 2 months later...

I just connected mine to a pair of Yamaha HS-5 powered studio monitors and noticed the same thing.  I had to turn their volume controls almost to the top; something unnecessary with both a Kurzweil PC3x and also a Yamaha Montage.  I would say that Casio uses a lower output from the factory.

You could turn off the internal speakers and then raise the volume using the L-2 volume control (page E-13).  It is explained on page E-133 of the manual.  Beyond this, I suspect that it is what it is.