Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CT-S300 will not connect

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I bought my son an S300 for the sole purpose of him using an app as a learning aid. The s300 will not connect to anything. I've used multiple cables, multiple devices, multiple apps...but nothing works. I've even ordered more adapters that plug into the back of the keyboard at the micro USB port. Does anyone have any insight that might help before I send this thing back to Amazon? Thanks in advance. 

• Solution

Two things are most common issues, the cable itself, and Android settings.  The cable has to be capable of data transmission, not just charging.  Some cables will only charge devices.  Now, in Android, the USB connection has to be set to MIDI, not file transfer or any other setting.  To do that, swipe down the notification shade and look for a USB notification and tap on it.  Select MIDI from the menu.

Brad, thank you for the information. I really appreciate your time in answering. I do not see any usb midi setting on my phone, nor is there any indication the piano is even connected to the phone. Its a brand new keyboard, and a new Galaxy Note 20 ultra so I'm not sure where the fault is. Perhaps I just received a bad keyboard? Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm having a similar problem. I just got the S300 and have been trying to set it up with my computer, but when I plug it in, nothing happens. I've checked that the local control setting on the keyboard was off, checked that my USB cable does work on another device, and that my USB port on my PC also works. But when I plug everything in, my PC doesn't recognize the keyboard anywhere, I can't even find it in Device Manager. I'm using Windows 10. 

Hi Brad, thanks for the quick response! I believe you were correct... I had tried multiple cables but I think they were all just charging ones from previous phones/devices. Went out yesterday and bought one that passes data and it worked right away! :) Didn't even think about that... Thank you so much!! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello I have purchased cts300 casio keyboard for music and midi purpose I use daw for music making

When i connect my keyboard with my laptop through  micro usb host to usb port to my laptop It causes some vibration in my laptop. The cable i am using is a charging cable, the keyboard gets detected but I am afraid something shall happen to my machine. 

Is the any other type of cable for midi data

transfer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...