Video Files on Forum ×

CTX 5000, Cutting instruments out of auto accompaniments

Hi, have I missed something here. I had a WK 7600 previously and was able to silence some of the auto accompanying instruments when playing/recording jazz piano tracks, so I could use my own left hand and just use the preset bass and drums. I take it that this is not possible on the CTX 5000?

I do however find the CTX 5000 one of the best, if not THE best boards off Casio to date. The authenticity of instruments being excellent.

In fact, it is more convenient to turn off the rhythm parts of the auto accompaniment on the сt x5000 than on the WK 7600.
This can be done without going into the mixer. Press the part button (the light is on), use the "+" and " - " buttons to select the mixer section 1–8 rhythm, and now with the buttons 1 – 8 you can turn on and off the auto accompaniment parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have now in fact recorded a Jazz Piano - Bass - Drums version of "Green Dolphin Street "very successfully thanks without unwanted auto-accompaniments. I believe this is better than the WK7600, as I consider the instrumentation authenticity to be far better even with limited octave range. I'm not here to promote myself so no links (just on profile). Tony