Video Files on Forum ×

Quirk when recording to a USB drive

Trooplewis

When I have a USB drive installed, when I first record  my playing everything goes fine.

But when I stop recording, and want to do another recording, when I tap the REC light it also indexes the FUNCTION button next to it to Rhythm. So I have to tap the FUNCTION button 3 times to bring it back to where I want it.

Anyone else experience this?

I don't have that particular Casio, but 2 others with thumb drives-the 350 and 560 both record to the thumb drive. My first suspicion is always the thumb drive, but that's me. I've run into so many "counterfeit" thumb drives-name brand drives that aren't, no-name Chinese-made drives that were fake-labelled as 4-8-16-32GB etc. but in reality were maybe 1-2 GBs and were defective to boot.....still many of these around. Some of these USB ports are pretty touchy-connections are usually pretty solid, but even a bit of a connection glitch could louse up a digital to disk (thumb drive) recording. Seems like the recording data is getting jammed up somehow. You are not supposed to-on a thumb or card drive-but I've run disk checks on my cards and drives with the computer sometimes-just to be sure data hasn't somehow gotten corrupted on the drive. I'm sure you've tried 1-2 different drives to isolate if the problem is the drive, or in the Casio? Assuming this to be a brand new Casio-might just be a temporary button-sensor glitch.

It is an odd thing. I've gotten used to it, just press REC and then tap the function button 3 times. It's a nice feature that recording begins when you hit the first note.

At first I though maybe I was just fat-fingering it and touching the FUNCTION button when I tapped REC, but after trying moving my finger to different spots well away from FUNCTION, that does not appear to be the cause.