Video Files on Forum ×

Two DSP effects for solo play. Creation of 4 layer tones. Non-standard way (method)

casio_style

By the way, there is still one opportunity to play with two instruments with different DSP effects, in solo mode. Only for this you will have to use an external device, for looping the midi signal from mixer 1 - 9 keyboard, to mixer 1 - 9 song solo. For this I use a smartphone on the Android OS and the Midi keyboard application (it is free and this is a soft midi host) The synthesizer needs to be connected to the smartphone via the OTG cable, in the application settings you need to put midi thru, the midi output is CASIO USB MIDI, the midi input is CASIO USB MIDI. At the same time, if you turn on the layer option on the synthesizer, then you can play 4 layer timbres. The voices themselves, with all the settings, are saved in the song format, because the registration banks do not save the mixer data 1 - 9 of the solo song. I did this for a long time on the CTK 7000 synthesizer, I thought it was impossible on the CT X, until I realized that the CT X mixer has an advanced mode. If you enter the mixer in the song editing mode, then advanced settings appear there, namely, it becomes possible to select and set any timbres, to any tracks. In this mode, you can select and adjust the Voices you want, and then save them in song format. It is enough to record any one note in the song. And now when you play this song, with one note, it will adjust all parameters  on mixer 1 - 9 solo song and you can play and enjoy 4 layer tones, where 2 tones can be with DSP effects. one tone on mixer 1 - 9 keyboard, another DSP tone on mixer 1 - 9 solo song, or just two tones with DSP effects.
The parameters for Instruments for Mixer 1 - 9 Keyboard should be saved as usual in the Registration Bank. And the parameters for the instruments on the mixer 1 - 9 solo song are saved in song format. To play a 4-layer tone, you must first select the desired registration bank, then play the desired song and this will set up all the instruments. (For the casio сtk / wk 6xxx -7xxx, all parameters can be saved in song mode at once, it has a slightly different mixer)
Google translator was used for translation, if something is not clear, ask, I will try to answer differently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 9:41 AM, casio_style said:

By the way, there is still one opportunity to play with two instruments with different DSP effects, in solo mode. Only for this you will have to use an external device, for looping the midi signal from mixer 1 - 9 keyboard, to mixer 1 - 9 song solo. For this I use a smartphone on the Android OS and the Midi keyboard application (it is free and this is a soft midi host) The synthesizer needs to be connected to the smartphone via the OTG cable, in the application settings you need to put midi thru, the midi output is CASIO USB MIDI, the midi input is CASIO USB MIDI. At the same time, if you turn on the layer option on the synthesizer, then you can play 4 layer timbres. The voices themselves, with all the settings, are saved in the song format, because the registration banks do not save the mixer data 1 - 9 of the solo song. I did this for a long time on the CTK 7000 synthesizer, I thought it was impossible on the CT X, until I realized that the CT X mixer has an advanced mode. If you enter the mixer in the song editing mode, then advanced settings appear there, namely, it becomes possible to select and set any timbres, to any tracks. In this mode, you can select and adjust the Voices you want, and then save them in song format. It is enough to record any one note in the song. And now when you play this song, with one note, it will adjust all parameters  on mixer 1 - 9 solo song and you can play and enjoy 4 layer tones, where 2 tones can be with DSP effects. one tone on mixer 1 - 9 keyboard, another DSP tone on mixer 1 - 9 solo song, or just two tones with DSP effects.
The parameters for Instruments for Mixer 1 - 9 Keyboard should be saved as usual in the Registration Bank. And the parameters for the instruments on the mixer 1 - 9 solo song are saved in song format. To play a 4-layer tone, you must first select the desired registration bank, then play the desired song and this will set up all the instruments. (For the casio сtk / wk 6xxx -7xxx, all parameters can be saved in song mode at once, it has a slightly different mixer)
Google translator was used for translation, if something is not clear, ask, I will try to answer differently.

Thank you, casio_style! Best discovery of the year for my CT-X5000! You are a genius! I managed to use the two DSPs in two layers and also managed to use the 4 layers, but I still haven't managed to change a different tone in each of the four layers. You could write another text explaining how to select the tones for each extra layer.

6 hours ago, Casio Key said:

Thank you, casio_style! Best discovery of the year for my CT-X5000! You are a genius! I managed to use the two DSPs in two layers and also managed to use the 4 layers, but I still haven't managed to change a different tone in each of the four layers. You could write another text explaining how to select the tones for each extra layer.

The first 2 tones ( on the mixer 1-9 keyboard ) are set as standard, after setting they can be saved to registration banks.
To tune the other two tones ( 3 and 4 layers), you must record any note into the sequencer on mixer 1-9 song solo, on tracks 1 and 2. By recording these notes, you can immediately record the Voices you want. You can also customize these voices after recording. To do this, you need a long press on the function button (we enter the song editing mode) Next, we enter the mixer 1 - 9  song solo  and there will already be an extended menu and you can choose any tones for the 3rd and 4th layers, on tracks 1 and 2 of the mixer song  solo. You can also adjust all other mixer parameters for these layers. After setting all the settings, you can save this song and give it the name of the registration bank with which it will work together (with this saving you will always know which bank to use them with) For example: tone 03 06 (third bank, sixth cell)
When playing with 4 layer timbres, you must first select a bank (layers 1 and 2), then you need to start the song (layers 3 and 4). This song will play one note and adjust all mixer parameters 1 - 9 for a  song solo.. You are now ready to play with 4 Layer Voices ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, casio_style said:

The first 2 tones ( on the mixer 1-9 keyboard ) are set as standard, after setting they can be saved to registration banks.
To tune the other two tones ( 3 and 4 layers), you must record any note into the sequencer on mixer 1-9 song solo, on tracks 1 and 2. By recording these notes, you can immediately record the Voices you want. You can also customize these voices after recording. To do this, you need a long press on the function button (we enter the song editing mode) Next, we enter the mixer 1 - 9  song solo  and there will already be an extended menu and you can choose any tones for the 3rd and 4th layers, on tracks 1 and 2 of the mixer song  solo. You can also adjust all other mixer parameters for these layers. After setting all the settings, you can save this song and give it the name of the registration bank with which it will work together (with this saving you will always know which bank to use them with) For example: tone 03 06 (third bank, sixth cell)
When playing with 4 layer timbres, you must first select a bank (layers 1 and 2), then you need to start the song (layers 3 and 4). This song will play one note and adjust all mixer parameters 1 - 9 for a  song solo.. You are now ready to play with 4 Layer Voices ...

Wow, I did it! Thank you very much!!!