Video Files on Forum ×

No sound from Casio PX 770

Hi all.  Just got my new PX 770 delivered today.  Everything was going beautifully until I hooked up the headphones.  After I unplugged them, there is suddenly no sound coming from the keyboard speakers.  I have tried resetting according to the manual, and the input setting, but nothing works.  Also have tried plugging the headphones in and unplugging them a couple of times.  Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

Yes the headphones work well.   Keyboard was working great.  I had just assembled it, trying out everything. Just received it yesterday.  Plugged in the headphones, they worked.  Unplugged them, now no sound from anything.  But headphones still work.  It's brand new out of the box

Did your headphones come with a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter to use with the larger headphone ports? If so, this is going to sound dumb but, did you double-check that the adaptor is still attached to the end of the headphones and not stuck in the piano? I accidentally had the adaptor stuck in there after removing the headphones once when using my PX-870 and the same thing happened as you described.

• Like 2

🤗🤗🤗🤗

I am the dummy.

You were spot on.  That was exactly the problem.  I got my flashlight out to look underneath at the connections the other day, and noticed the 1/4 connection was still in there.  Didn't even realize the headphones came with 1/8 plug and 1/4 adapters.  Thank you for the simple solution.  I was having nightmares, thinking I had gotten a bad keyboard.  You folks responded so rapidly!

And kudos to Kraft Music also, where I purchased the keyboard.  They responded right away also.  Nice to know there's so much support out there!

👍👍👍

• Like 1

• 1 year later...