Video Files on Forum ×

Transfer of SD Card data from WK7600 to computer

I have a WK7600 keyboard and I am a Newbie! I have managed to compose a song on the Song Sequencer, which I recorded to an SD Card. It has both music and vocal data. My goal is to get that song into a format that can be played on a computerl

I recently uploaded WavePad Sound Editor onto my desktop computer. When I remove the SD Card from the keyboard and put it into the SD Card slot on my computer, and when I then do a folder listing to read the SD Card, it shows there is a folder titled MUSICDAT, but when I double-click that folder, I get the error message “This folder is empty”.

When I do the folder listing in WavePad, I get the message “No items match your search” , but there is no listing of the file on the SD card. 

I am sure I am doing something wrong, and would appreciate any advice. If you are not available to provide the above advice, would you be able to point me to a source that could supply it.

Thank you,
Bob Dooley

[If I have placed this request in the wrong part of the Forum, or if it has even got into the forum! . . . . please let me know where I should have entered it]

@Bob Dooley, as Brad mentioned, you have to download the Casio Data Manager and its 33-page user guide to deal with the audio files you record to your SD card.

Here's a link to the Casio website where you can get it:  https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=67

Have fun, and post some of your creations.  There's a special music-posting forum (in CasioMusicForums) for stuff done on Casio keyboards, or you can post it to the appropriate instrument forum (i.e., in this forum for music done on the WK7600).

• Like 1

Brad and Tom, thank you both for your directions. I connected my WK7600 to my computer with a USB cord and it transferred into the WavePad Sound Editor, so I was able to play it quite well. I find this WavePad program to appear quite complex looking . . . do you know if there is a less-ambitious program that will perform the same task?

3 minutes ago, Bob Dooley said:

Brad and Tom, thank you both for your directions. I connected my WK7600 to my computer with a USB cord and it transferred into the WavePad Sound Editor, so I was able to play it quite well. I find this WavePad program to appear quite complex looking . . . do you know if there is a less-ambitious program that will perform the same task?

• I need to get some instructions on how to use this forum: e.g. how to delete or remove one of the above repetitive messages!! Can you direct me to this information, please.