Video Files on Forum ×

Best of the cheapest

Merriam Piano is a prolific YouTube reviewer of electronic instruments, including Casio.  They recently purchased two of the best selling budget keyboards on Amazon, and compared them to the similarly priced Casio LK-S250.  It was a bloodbath... the Casio utterly destroyed the competitors, and the normally even handed Stu Harrison made no bones about it.  For example, the LK-S250 has both a velocity (touch) sensitive keyboard, and input for a sustain pedal; neither of the competitors had either.  If you'd like to watch the matchup, check this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIFNMAeTb8Q

Hello Charlie, hope all is well. I'll check it out-I used several budget Casios early on as a classroom music instructor-and they all held up very well for quite a few years-even with all the kids playing them. had the big SK sampler, and 2 CTKs from the late 90s I think i recall-even that far back the acoustic pianos were very good, i was very surprised at such budget instruments. I'll take a look at this review. and I recall your adventures getting a Behringer mixer? How did that work out, i remember your posts, that you finally got it and the PX560.