Video Files on Forum ×

Pedal Issue

Lauren77

Hi guys,

I have a Yamaha sustain pedal that I want to use but the sustain currently operates in reverse.. Any ideas on how to fix this with Casio PSX3000 settings? I've tried holding my foot on the pedal while turning on the keyboard and also plugging in the pedal after the keyboard is already on but neither of these things has worked so far..

Thanks!

On 2/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, Lauren77 said:

Hi guys,

I have a Yamaha sustain pedal that I want to use but the sustain currently operates in reverse.. Any ideas on how to fix this with Casio PSX3000 settings? I've tried holding my foot on the pedal while turning on the keyboard and also plugging in the pedal after the keyboard is already on but neither of these things has worked so far..

Thanks!

On 2/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, Lauren77 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Hi, Lauren77!

I must disagree with colleague Brad (I'm so sorry, Brad) but yes there is a possibility. This task can be easy or complicated depending on how your Yamaha pedal (model) was built. In my case, I bought the FC4A some time ago because I was using it with an old Yamaha keyboard (PSR510) and until then everything was fine. I didn't even know there were these differences between pedal manufacturers. In fact this proprietary market policy it sucks! Then I acquired the PSX3000 and discovered the problem, or "treta", slang that we use here in Rio (Brazil). Well, I'm going to send U two pictures to check how I changed my pedal. U basically need to do two things.

One and the most important and delicate is (after U disassembling the pedal) with the help of a nose plier U need to make a small and smooth "fold" (very careful with this or you will damage permanently the switch) to separate the switch contacts, which in the case of Yamaha, it come from factory already in contact and the pedal movement is just the opposite. When pressing the pedal separates the connectors.

The second is to turn the switch upside down so that when U pressing the pedal the part of the larger connector makes contact with the smaller part while the pedal is pressed. U can and must use the same hole and screw to secure the switch on the pedal. Please, note in the picture 092017 "the angle"! It needs to be this way or the pedal will put a lot of force on the switch, clogging it and closing the contact. This angle allows the pressure exerted on the switch not to bend the contact just softly touches it. 

As I mentioned earlier, these instructions are based on the FC4A and may vary according to your pedal assembly. See the photos and tell me if you have any questions.

I hope this point U in right direction of action.🙃

P.S.: I wouldn't get rid of this pedal, or have to sell it just because of the infamous planned obsolescence.😡

20210221_091740.jpg

20210221_092017.jpg