Video Files on Forum ×

low continuous hiss type of noise in the background.

gray

hi,

I recently bought Casio ct-s300 it was really good but when i plugged in my headphones, i noticed that there is a slight noise, like that of a laptop fan kind of noise, its low but its noticeable, i thought it was my headphones but once i get closer to the speaker, like literally put my ear near the speaker, i can hear the same sound, and when I connect the headphones, the noise is not heard on the speakers but is carried on to the headphones, is this normal for this keyboard? also i really have to adjust the headphone pin, if i push it completely in, only stereo piano is heard and no other tone is audible anymore unless I pull it back and adjust it. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:42 PM, Joe Muscara said:

Plugging in headphones cuts off output from the built-in speakers, which means you can practice playing even late at night without disturbing others.

yes, that I understand but is it normal for this keyboard to make a low fan like sound irrespective of the volume and even when not playing anything? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, Brad Saucier said:

What type of headphones are you using?

yeah i did hear that in some headphones there is some noise heard, I was thinking of buying a new headphones which type do you think is the best? 

also irrespective of the headphones the noise is heard in the "speakers" as well, when headphones are plugged in, the same noise is simply carried to the headphones, as the noise is low I can't hear the noise normally in speakers as there would be some distance but as I said if I put my ear close enough I can hear it, but when headphones are pugged in, its not far anymore so I can hear it.