Video Files on Forum ×

(Solved) Casio cdp s-100 stuck on sustain with no reason

MusicalSeries
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm new in this forum and I need some advice from more expert people about my issue.

On August 2020 I bought a Casio CDP-S100 digital piano.

All fine, but on December I had to call the reseller for replacing it.

The piano was stuck on sustain without holding the pedal.

I tried every solution I found (Holding pedal while turning on, ecc., ecc., ecc.) but the piano seemed not to follow rational patterns... (It worked properly only randomly).

On January arrived the replacement.

All perfectly fine, but now the nightmare has come back.

What's wrong with the keyboard?

• Brad Saucier changed the title to (Solved) Casio cdp s-100 stuck on sustain with no reason
21 hours ago, MusicalSeries said:

Issue solved! Someone told me to do this:

Unplug the piano (power) then the pedal.

Plug the piano (power), turn it on, and once it's turned on plug the pedal.

Follow this pattern, because it solved my issue!

Order is the key

If you have to do all that, I suspect once again the pedal is the problem.  You can switch pedals after it gets confused and it still will be confused until it is reset.  You are effectively resetting when you unplug the keyboard.  Reset it and only use the Casio pedal and see if the problem return.

I am very suspicious of off brand pedals claiming universal capability.  I have a Yamaha keyboard and never used a pedal that works well with it with a Casio.  Sometimes there's more than polarity to worry about.  

I use Casio and non-Casio pedals but from well known brands.  That ambiguous pedal you use is a complete unknown to me.  If ever I were to run into a problem like this:

1)  Reset the keyboard

2)  Get a Casio or known reliable with Casio pedal.

3)  Look for repetition of the fault.

When using a compatible pedal, you don't have to reset the keyboard to get it to work.  It just does.  Reset and stick to the Casio pedal.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On 2/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, MusicalSeries said:

Issue solved! Someone told me to do this:

Unplug the piano (power) then the pedal.

Plug the piano (power), turn it on, and once it's turned on plug the pedal.

Follow this pattern, because it solved my issue!

Order is the key

I'm with the same issue. But can't solve it like that :( , also although playing the demo does reverse the sustain on-off, the pedal doesn't work. I'm using a Casio SP-3 pedal, working well with my XWP1. I guess it's a repair in my case.

Edited by mertyuy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This helped me out with my problem.

https://www.justanswer.com/electronic-musical-instruments/84nzv-technics-p30-digital-piano-sounds-sustain-pedal.html

I used the sustain pedal that came with the Casio CDP-100, and instead of using rubbing alcohol to clean the pin, I used a dry tissue paper. After about 5 times or so, putting it in, wiping the pin, pulling it out and putting back in, the sustain pedal work.

I then cleaned my other sustain pedals pin with the tissue paper, put it in and put it in, and twisted it a bit as I put it in, and it also worked from then on. 

I hope that helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Just keep turning on and off , and plug in and out the pedal....it will work, my piano student has the same issue like you with casio CDP-S100...everytime  your sustain stuck, just keep on turning on and off and plug in and out the pedal...im sure it will go back and not stuck the sustain

• 2 weeks later...

By 2023, has anyone found the solution to this problem? The combination of movements to unlock the sharp was apparently not the solution for my casio cdp-100 

alguien para el 2023 encontro la solucion a este problema? la combinacion de movimientos para destrabar el sostenido al parecer no fue la solucion para mi casio cdp-100 

please HELP 

por favor AYUUUDA 😭

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Steps to solve.

Note: If the keyboard is brand new and this happens out of the box, contact your dealer for assistance.  

1. Confirm pedal is Casio compatible and not faulty.  Test pedal with another keyboard or use a resistance (ohm) meter to test the pedal.

2. Confirm pedal jack on keyboard is clean, no foreign objects inside of jack, dust or debris.  Clean jack if necessary.  Insert plug several times to help clean, or use a cleaning tool and compressed air.