Video Files on Forum ×

Tone Editing Webinar / March 10th

Mike Martin

Hey Mike, thanks again for your recommendation for the ctx700.  I detested the tones and speakers on the cts300, but the x700 was a revelation!  So much so I ended up buying the ctx5000 as well.

Your webinar was helpful.  What I got from it that I didn't know:

1. That DSP only applies to the first tone.  So creating registrations optimally starts with creating 100 DSP charged tones as the cornerstone.  

2. That system fx sends are reset based on DSP settings, that you need to go back and re-adjust them.  Is that why the sends to the system fx are in the Function menu and not in edit menu?  I find this separation confusing, though being there are DSP-capable user tones, but registrations with 4 tones, this is somewhat understandable, you adjust the fx sends in the context of that registration

3. That the system fx and DSP from all the presets can be used within the system fx / DSP editing process.  That applies to DSP and system fx?

Something I'd find very helpful is further explanation of the various configuration menus.  There are 4 of them, so being clear about what handles what would be good.

My understanding so far:

- Edit menu: changes can be saved to 100 user tone locations

- Function menu: can only be saved to a Registration

- Part/Mixer menu: can be saved with a Registration and with Songs?

Also wondering- is a 76 key board in the works within the ctx series?  Casio has built a lot of 76 key boards, and my vote would be to do it with the ctx3000 and 5000.  They're amazing boards.  I much prefer the keybed on these boards than the wk7600, which was just lousy (perhaps over 4 years it got worst, made me a sloppy player).  And I prefer the price point over the mzx500, which I also had.  

I hope the ctx series has been a runaway best seller for Casio.  Such a huge improvement in sounds and keybed action over the WK series.