Video Files on Forum ×

Can a cdp 100 power supply work for a Casio s350

Vince15

I have a Casio cdp keyboard that suddenly dropped its volume function. The keyboard still work but no sound. I just bought a Casio s350 from guitar center and didn’t realize it didn’t come with a power supply so I’m wondering if I can just use the one from the cdp 100. Would it harm the keyboard even just to try it?

While I haven't used a casio digital piano, I can answer this question, according to the manual, your cdp s350 takes a 12v dc power adapter so an equivalent 12v casio power adapter might be fine, the only thing that can change is the dc barrel jack polarity but brands usually kepp it standard, you can check the polarity by the polarity symbol that'll be on your keyboard/user manual and your power adapter. But keyboards are usually sold with the power adapter so if I were you, I'd contact the dealer and get it

• Like 1

The Casio CDP-S350 should have come with a power adapter in the box. Contact the dealer and tell them you didn't get it.

The CDP-100 used the AD12M3 12V power adapter. The CDP-S350 uses the ADA12150 power adapter, as do most current Casio models such as the CDP-S series, PX-S series, CDP-120, 130, 220, and 230, PX-3, PX-S5, PX-330, 350, 360, 560, 730/735, 750, 760, and some other models.

• Like 3

Thank you for the info friends. Unfortunately I bought this from guitar center as a used but in great condition product. It wasn’t until after the sale I discovered that the power supply was missing. They called me to inform of it and said that I could get one on Amazon for $15 dollars. I was a bit annoyed about it but I didn’t want to pay over $600 dollars for a keyboard, So I didn’t wanna sweat it. I was just hoping I could use the power supply I had for the other keyboard. Thanks again y’all!

If the barrel plug fits, and its tip positive and the same voltage rating-look at the amperage ratings for each one-i think the older CDPs need more amps than the newer but I don't know the specs without looking up each one. If the one has more amps-it will be fine, if it has lesser amps, it might not have a enough "juice" to run the CDP but i think most of these CDPs used the same amount of amps-this will be marked right on the supplies. And 15.00 isn't so bad-look up what amazoo and eBooger are charging for these-i recently had to buy an extra CDP-230 suply and was shocked to find the cheapest price was 30.00 US. And the cheaper chinese supplies are pretty much useless-don't have enough amperage, thin power wires and could be DOA. I stick with the Casios. the extra expense is worth saving your keyboard.  Many keyboard malfunctions can be traced to crappy power supplies, or broken power jacks-solder connections crack inside and cause all kinds of strange problems.