Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting to Mac Book Pro

Hi there,

I have a Celviano AP270 and a Macbook Pro 2019 running 11.1. I don't have an ipad for the Chordana app and chordana does not work on a laptop. So I purchased a subscription to Playground Sessions which workas on my laptop. I have plugged the piano into the laptop by a USB A-B type cable and a B-C cable into the laptop. The app does not recognise the piano. It recommends I download drivers but none are available for the AP270. I opened up Adobe Audition to see if that recognised the piano but it's not showing up. Can anyone help with how to get my laptop to recognise the piano? I have plugged it out and in several times, restarted the computer etc.

Many thanks!

Sally

Hi Sally.  You are correct about the drivers. Your piano is a class compliant USB device. The drivers are installed by the computer automatically.  The piano has two modes for the USB port, MIDI and file transfer.  It should default to MIDI, but you might want to double check that just in case.  You will find a function key chart in the manual for USB flash drive mode to select between the two modes.  Other than that, I would make sure the cables are in good working order.  Your piano has a USB type B port, which works with a standard printer cable, and then your adapter cable from A to C, since it sounds like your laptop only has a type C port.  Let us know how it goes.  We have some Apple users on the forums who might be able to add some more tips.  

Thanks so much. The cables are good working order, working on other devices plus I have switched them out (I have a few of each type) I'm pressing function + D1 to toggle between the flash drive modes but nothing is showing up on my mac (in adobe audition, garage band, audio midi set up or Playground Sessions) I assumed it would be plug and play but it's extremely frustrating as I've been fiddling with it for 90 minutes now! Googling seems to show me that Macs and Casio are not friends with each other :(

On 4/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, sallywt said:

Googling seems to show me that Macs and Casio are not friends with each other

Not true. I've been a Mac user forever and a Casio user for a long time too. They just work for me. I've never installed a driver for a Casio. 

Can you provide links to the cables you are using and describe where you are connecting them?

• Like 1