Video Files on Forum ×

Performance troubles

faz726

Not being a natural born keyboard player I'm having great difficulty when confronted with a complicated measure
during playing. I set up acc and tone and away I go, but when I come across a measure or measures containing for example,
triplets or a group of semiquavers I fall apart timing wise. I thought about step inputting the difficult measure
and storing it to a phrase pad so that when I reach that particular measure causing the problem I could then just press
the appropriate phrase pad button and continue the performance without a hiccup - if you see what I mean. For the life of me
I can't see how to achieve this. I realize that I could step input the whole song but to me that seems a bit like cheating! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phrase pads are there to help like that.  You'll probably want to check the manual for recording phrases.  Generally, press function and go the phrase set menu, then press record.  That should get you started.  You can clear a phrase if it doesn't come out like you want, and start again.  

• Like 1