Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO CTS200 as Midi controller in Sibelius 7

does anyone experienced the same problem that I encountered in my Casio CTS200? I plugged it directly to my laptop using a USB cable. I wanted to use it as a midi controller for SIbelius 7. the laptop is detecting the keyboard and Sibelius 7 also detected it and it also reflects in the Sibelius midi tester, but when I tried to record and use it, it doesn't produce notes on the music staff of Sibelius. anyone HELP! TIA

I use my CT-S300 connected via USB to my computer DAW (Mixcraft Pro Studio 9) and it registers and works absolutely fine. Records MIDI perfectly, and I can switch between piano roll and music score and everything displays as it should.

It sounds to me that you aren't arming the track correctly in your software to record. As Brad says, this appears more a software/ software useage issue, especially as your computer is already recognizing the Casio. Make sure you are arming your software to record a MIDI track too, not just an audio track. 

• Thanks 1

actually I can use my CT-S200 in a DAW like FL studio, it works perfectly fine. but Sibelius 7 is not a DAW. it is a music notation software where I can create piano music sheet and any other instrument it is not a DAW, it is a music notation software that allows midi keyboard to control the notes that you want to put in the music staff.

still the keyboard is the problem. if I or anyone can't resolve it by trouble shooting the best answer is I have to buy another laptop or a keyboard that will work properly with the software. if it doesn't work on the software the keyboard is the problem. I also tried it in another music notation software but again it doesn't work. it only works or a DAW software

11 hours ago, Accolade said:

still the keyboard is the problem. if I or anyone can't resolve it by trouble shooting the best answer is I have to buy another laptop or a keyboard that will work properly with the software. if it doesn't work on the software the keyboard is the problem. I also tried it in another music notation software but again it doesn't work. it only works or a DAW software

Using a logic process - the computer recognizes the keyboard, the DAW software recognizes and works fine with the keyboard, but a specific piece of software doesn't? The conclusion I would draw is that the specific software is the issue, not the keyboard. The computer recognizes it and the DAW recognizes it, therefore it's working fine.

This sounds more of a setting or compatibility issue with Sibelius. Have you tried contacting Sibelius/ Avid for support also? It might be an issue that they're aware of, or they might have the answer to your dilemma.

Also worth bearing in mind that if it's an issue between Sibelius and class compliant USB, buying another keyboard will only show that it also won't work with another model of keyboard.

Do you have access to another USB keyboard that you can try with your software so that you can see if the issue is with the CT-S200, or actually with USB MIDI and the software?

using logic, I have tried it in bandlab and it also doesn't work I tried it in different notation software, meaning I tried it in MULTIPLE notation software, I guess by doing that it is not so specific right? I tried changing usb ports re start all over again and everything.