Video Files on Forum ×

parts for XW-G1 ?

The official Casio reps here can tell you re factory supplies-meanwhile there are a variety of non-oem online parts suppliers that have spare Casio parts-might be a bit hit-and-miss but you probably can find this particular part if you search around. I'm not allowed to specify vendors here-but I know of at least 4 I go to online when I'm looking for spare parts-which I do pretty regularly-for Casios and several others. Most of these vendors can be contacted online too-if you don't see a part listed-they may have it anyway.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

The official Casio reps here can tell you re factory supplies-meanwhile there are a variety of non-oem online parts suppliers that have spare Casio parts-might be a bit hit-and-miss but you probably can find this particular part if you search around. I'm not allowed to specify vendors here-but I know of at least 4 I go to online when I'm looking for spare parts-which I do pretty regularly-for Casios and several others. Most of these vendors can be contacted online too-if you don't see a part listed-they may have it anyway.

Hi Jokeyman123

Thanks! 😀

After posting I found a website that offers parts for the XW-G1, namely the knob for a slider. 

All is good. ☺️ 

• Like 3

At work I was reading this thread , I thought by myself no way. 

A few months ago I couldn't even find anything. 

Googled and behold there it was, My XW-G1 will be happy very happy. 

Well this actually made my weekend and its a long holiday weekend as well. 

• Like 2

Back in 2017, I had my XW's (and most of my gear) shipped from the UK to the USA when I emigrated. During the 7 months of the journey, somehow one of the slider knobs did a disappearing act. I recall searching online and found a place selling replacement parts, I think it cost me $6/ $7 plus shipping (for a tiny piece of plastic!), but at least my XW was complete again. I can't remember the vendor, but I suspect that they may be the same as the one that you found.

Looks like disappearing XW slider caps are the modern equivalent to the disappearing volume/ chorus slider caps on the big CZ synths!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 3:17 AM, Chas said:

Back in 2017, I had my XW's (and most of my gear) shipped from the UK to the USA when I emigrated. During the 7 months of the journey, somehow one of the slider knobs did a disappearing act. I recall searching online and found a place selling replacement parts, I think it cost me $6/ $7 plus shipping (for a tiny piece of plastic!), but at least my XW was complete again. I can't remember the vendor, but I suspect that they may be the same as the one that you found.

Looks like disappearing XW slider caps are the modern equivalent to the disappearing volume/ chorus slider caps on the big CZ synths!

On 4/23/2021 at 7:55 PM, XW-Addict said:

At work I was reading this thread , I thought by myself no way. 

A few months ago I couldn't even find anything. 

Googled and behold there it was, My XW-G1 will be happy very happy. 

Well this actually made my weekend and its a long holiday weekend as well. 

So , just to do a follow up:

Today I received the parts I ordered.

Two Knob Slide Contacts - price: 2.55$ a piece (plus shipping etc.)

I guess I am allowed(?) to share that I searched google with "casio XW-G1 parts" to find a vendor.

Photo Below.

Jay 🎹 

IMG_7698.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The parts I've ordered have arrived , I've got fresh new key-rubber, key's and a bending wheel, The only thing that could not be delivered are the knobs. I'm happy to have spare key's now. But another problem arises its one thing after the other ...

The XW doesn't startup no more. I'm aching to sample stuff and do some solo synth stuff on it and now that happens -_- aaargh. 

• Jay C changed the title to parts for XW-G1 ?