Video Files on Forum ×

Jeremy See demonstrating the new CT-S400 and LK450!

Hi everybody,

I stumbled on his video of Jeremy See demonstrating the CT-S400 and LK450:

Quite impressive, but how come Jeremy is releasing this video while these keyboards were due somewhere in late May or June?

I am surprised that this video came out as there isn’t any official demonstration from Casio, apparently.

@Brad Saucier @Mike Martin Any clues about this?

Great demonstration anyway, and the CT-S400 seems to be very good value for money (depending on the street price of course). I am more dubious about the LK450. It is a pity that some of the sophisticated functions from the CT-S400 were removed, such as the 32 reg banks or the pitchbend wheel. While it is more meant for beginners, it is probable that the whole family will play it, including the more tech-savoury members.

Can’t wait for @Chandler Holloway to get his hands on the CT-S400 and tells us what he feels about it as compared with the CT-X700/800, featurewise (the UI seems to have been redesigned from the ground up) and as far as the keybed is concerned (in my case at least, the keybed of the CT-X800 has been a great disappointment).

Vinciane

4 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Quite impressive, but how come Jeremy is releasing this video while these keyboards were due somewhere in late May or June?

I'm not speaking for Casio, but like other reviewers, he seems to get early production units to review. Dave Bryce reviewed the CT-S1 last month, I think that video is posted somewhere here. Anderton's in England also has one they've made videos of and reviewed.

What may actually be happening is that these models are being assembled now, have been for at least a few weeks, but the manufacturer says they're not shipping until a certain date when they know they will have quantities. Say they can build 100 per day, and that started on April 1. By April 30, that's only 3000. They would rather wait and get 5000 or 7500 before they say, "it's available" and people can start buying them. [I'm making these numbers up. I hope you get the idea. I'm probably off by an order of magnitude.] Meanwhile, they can pull a few units out for reviewers, demos, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...