Video Files on Forum ×

I HOPE I AM WRONG

Barth

Hello everybody, I have a CTX-5000 and I am trying to put my favorite sounds in the user section 8** 

I find it hard to believe that to copy a tone and put it in the user tones, I have to edit that tone, make any adjustment and cancel it,, so that it allows me to save it in user tones, but it does not keep the name! Have I to put the name again ?? But it's the same tone!, if it is the same tone that I am copying from one site to another and I have to rename it! I must be wrong. So many steps to copy a simple tone, and also it does not keep me the name.

How I see that I have to write the name every time, I thought that with the data manager I could do it. (I would like to put a lot of files to user tones) That is, through CTX5000 copying the tones to user tones without renaming, with the data manager transfer all them to the PC, in PC change the name, and then put them back in the order you want in the users section.

But, oh, surprise, I changed the name of a tone on the PC to do a test, then I transferred it to the CT-X5000 but it still kept the initial name "no name", that is, it did not respect the name that it changed in the computer. So I say, I wish I was wrong, but it all seems very, very complicated and difficult in this keyboard. I had other keyboards from other brands, but I have never seen such complication.

It will be appreciated if someone knows a better method. Greetings to all.

I have seen that there is a Tonecopy function, by pressing and holding the Record / Stop button, you choose a tone, and save it in user tones wherever you want, keeping the name of the tone without forcing you to type it.  The funny thing is that this function only works between the user tones, so if you want to use it in the factory tones you cannot. So it is no question of more expensive keyboards because the function that already exists!, but Casio does not allow us to use it in the factory tones, which are the vast majority. 

Anyway, I think nothing more can be done. So we will have to resign. ☹️

Thanks for your answers 🙂

Best regards.