Video Files on Forum ×

Hardshell case / hard case that actually *FITS* the PX-S series

Anybody have any suggests for a flight-worthy hardshell case for the PX-S1000/3000 -- something that actually *fits* the dimensions of the PX-S??  All the cases I've run across so far are always invariably way too wide (even the so-called "slim" models) and sometimes too long.  I don't really want a lot of wasted space inside the case.

Just my opinion-

I would go for the real flight case, not the Pelican. Unless this is for very casual travel-in and out of your car, truck for transporting locally-where you will be the only one handling it, you might get away with the Pelican but I don't think 1/2" is enough insurance against an outside dent or acci "dent" since the shock will pretty much get transferred directly to the Privia, and these are plastic framed keyboards, not steel or aluminum.  I don't see the dimensions of the flight cases though-but the ones I have are steel corners-where alot of damage can happen-and very rigid casing material. if I drop a flight case-chances are the shock will be absorbed by the steel corner caps which might not happen with the Pelican. And the Pelican materials-very strong, I have 2 smaller ones but are flexible, not as rigid if it takes a hit from the top, bottom or sides and different corner protectors. I've only discovered this by shipping keyboards-it is remarkable how much padding and packing I do-and shippers still find a way to damage a keyboard. Another factor though-the flight case will be a bit heavier than the Pelican I think-but these Casios are lightweight so won't matter much. One more thing-being silly now-you might have to wear your hunting license when you go to a gig with that Pelican case, since this is an easily recognizable rifle case! Not so silly-when I was teaching-and carrying keyboards in and out of school-police after 9/11 were giving me the eye before they realized who I was! Helped that the "Dare" program used my music room when they needed it! Made me a little squirmy though-and I was using regular keyboard cases, oh well  .:cop:

The Tuffboxes are pretty nice, used one with a heavy SY77 for quite awhile-lighter than the anvil style flight cases, not as impervious to smashing around travleing through airport check-in/out but with the foam lining was very good for carrying locally. size matters-there are companies that make these in custom sizes i seem to recall-not sure if you can ask at this website. might be worth checking.

I've decided to go with a roadcases.com case.   I like that they're custom built for whatever size you specify and can be tailored in a number of ways:

*  Depth of plywood:

* 1/4 " for the Light Duty Case

*  3/8" for the Signature Case

*  1/2" for the Heavy Duty Case

*  Depth of foam lining inside:  1/4, 1/2, or 1 inch

*  Color

*  With/without dolly wheels

*  With/without padlock hasp

I'll give a report when I get the case in a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...