Video Files on Forum ×

How Change Accomp Default Tone

danieltostes

Hello everyone

I call as "default tone accomp" the one that you can listen if you follow the steps:

1. Press the button "ACCOMP ON/OFF";
  2. Play a key at "Auto Accompainment keyboard" area.

I would like to know how to change the default tone of accomp.

I've already tried to use the Mixer to change the tone (Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14), but after I change it when I press some key it just changes back to default ones (GM Finger Bass, GM Piano 1, GM Nylon GT, GM Strings 1) respectively.

I would like accomp to play a single tone (like "Midnight Sun") when I press some accomp key. Is that possible?

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

This question has been asked more than once, to my surprise.  I'm not sure what advantage this would give.  The accompaniment chord section is intended to drive rhythms. It's not possible to change the default tones when a rhythm is not playing.  

Thanks for the response, I didn't found it googling so I tough that would be a uncommon question.

A cool advantage for this use case would be allowance of "continuous strings background" at the pads, on Chord type with any tone (that for me, as it is currently there is no advantage (for current scenary) with rhythms - bass, drums & others playing).

Well, but still I want to make it, so I would need to create a rhythm without any instrument or track, with only my strings tone and put it on play every time that I want to use it on accomp/pads?

Edited by danieltostes
(for current scenary) added on explanation