Video Files on Forum ×

Mike Martin's Daft Punk demo?

• 2 weeks later...

I found it.  My XW-P1 still has all my demo files.  

I'll post the link to a .Zip below which will contain the extra components. 

There are four components each need to be loaded in individually then you have to edit the Performance to make sure that they are referencing the proper items. This is for the "Daft Punk: End of Line" demo on the XW-P1. 

Solo Synth tone: 

OctoSynth1 - This is only a slight variation on a factory preset tone. This is used on Zone 1 of the Performance. Make sure you edit the performance to point to this tone, wherever you might have loaded it into your XW-P1.  This is NOT an accurate tone to the original song but certainly was a unique version based on what the XW can do. I may revisit this. 

Phrase:

This performance contains a Phrase which is the bass-line for the piece. You can easily hold down the lowest A, triggering the bass while you're also able to reach the bender and mod wheel with the same hand while playing the lead with your other hand.  When you load in the Phrase: "Daft Bass" you'll have to make sure that the Performance references the location that you loaded into.  To do this Select the Performance, press Edit, select Sequencers, scroll down select Phrase and make sure that "Daft Bass" is selected.  This phrase triggers two (preset) bass tones simultaneously on Zones 3-4. 

Step Sequence:

Basic 4 on the floor drum pattern with a repeated pad that pans Left / Right using one of the controller tracks. 

Select the Performance, press Edit, select Sequencers, scroll down select "Dafted" wherever it may be located on your XW.

Performance: Make sure that Zone 1 and the two sequencer parts (Step and Phrase) each access their user components. 

Press the lowest A to begin playing the bass line, start the Step Sequencer in time.  Play the lead over the top.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

Update: 
I hadn't listened to this song in a long time. This original demo posted above was created hours before a NAMM show without the best reference to the original song. 

New v2.  

Improved lead tone (maybe...more accurate but I don't know that I like it better). 

Faster tempo

Improved Step Sequence. 

Enjoy.

Outstanding! Thanks for posting this and the Blade Runner stuff. The demos of the XW-P1 you did are still the best out there. These two are the best of the best IMO. They illustrate the enormous potential of the XW-P1, still probably largely untapped. 

Edited by AlenK