Video Files on Forum ×

Can't fit batteries into CT-S400

After placing a pre-order back in May, and after several shipping delay extensions, my CT-S400 finally arrived last week.  I bought it as my "portable" keyboard, since my 81-note PX-S3000 is a little too bulky for my tastes to take on the road.

After playing around with it for a week, I finally got around to trying it out with batteries -- one of the important features I bought it for.  But unfortunately I can't seem to get the AA's to fit.  I've tried putting them in top-first, bottom-first, and sliding in side-ways, tried several different brands, and they just won't fit past the plastic fittings surrounding the metal contacts.

Before I pull out a file and void my warranty by filing down the offending plastic, I wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with the battery case with any model CT-S series.

Maybe I just got lucky with a batch having a manufacturing defect...

610_1825.JPG

Edited by BillErickson
Spelling correction.

Glad you have it sorted.  May we leave this here for anyone who has the same issue? Never know who else it might help.

The negative end of the battery should slide under the two plastic tabs surrounding the metal tab, then you just slide the battery a little to compress the metal tab and drop the positive end into position.  

IMG_20210731_134725794~2.jpgIMG_20210731_135504638.jpg