Video Files on Forum ×

Can I create a loop recording on CTX5000 midi sequencer?

chemsilva

Hello fellows. I´m new to this forum. I own a Casio CTX5000 for a couple of months and I´d like to ask you something: I´ve been trying to use the CTX´s song recording capability to make a loop that I could play over and over (for example a chord progression on track 1, a bass line on track 2, the rythm on the system track...); so, after I recorded every track and played the song it loops, but it has an extra beat (it´s a beat 0  at measure 1, before the playback starts), and this extra beat messes up my looping intention. So I´d like to hear from you if there´s a configuration or anything else I could do to avoid this beat 0 on the playback? Thanks!

Edited by chemsilva
forgot the question mark "?"

The sequencer is not very suitable for looping loops, there is always some delay at the beginning of the loop.
For loops up to 16 measures in length, you can use phrase pads or create your own custom style, with recorded chord progressions, right in the style itself. They can also be made up to 16 measures long.
You can also record a style with chord progressions on a computer into a DAW sequencer, and then convert it back to a style and load it into a synthesizer and use it as a loop. At the same time, 6 variations of the loop can be made in one style, with different chord progressions.

• Like 1

This ^^^^.  The main way I use a pattern sequencer is not for creating "rhythms", but for creating multi-track loops, with chord progressions recorded into the loop.  With 4 variations per "rhythm", the intros and endings, and fills, you can really get creative chaining loops together.  You can then go into the MIDI recorder and record the system track with your looped "rhythm", pressing the different variation buttons where you want to switch to the next loop.  

• Like 1

And yes, if you do not use a DAW on a computer, loops with chord progressions can be recorded directly into the sequencer on the synthesizer system track (as Brad Saucier wrote above) and then save this song as a midi. Then convert this midi to a style and load it into the synthesizer and you will have a style with the chord progressions you need. However, if you want to save the system track as midi, you do not need to record anything on the solo song tracks. There is a separate topic on the forum about converting midi to style, you can read the details there.

You can also add that the synthesizer has musical presets, with ready-made chord progressions (there are 310 in total and access to them can be obtained by long pressing the ACCOMP button) and they can be used immediately as a looper.

Edited by casio_style

• 7 months later...