Video Files on Forum ×

Emulating the CT-S1 Tape Flute on a CT-X700 or CT-X800?

vbdx66

Hello everybody,

I find the Tape Flute tone of the CT-S1 super cool and very nice to play tunes such as “Lucy in the Sky”, for instance.

Has someone some ideas on how to design a suitable patch to emulate this Tape Flute on the CT-X700 or CT-X800? This probably would involve some layering of a regular flute and a synth pad, maybe the use of some chorus or flanger.

Any suggestions?

Vinciane

I created a tape flute for the PX-5S several years ago.  I started with the standard flute tone, reduced the amp decay time, added a DSP amp simulator distortion effect and edited it to emulate the quality of tape.  That is not possible with the 700 or 800, so you would need to look for alternative ways.  The other element I added is some vibrato.  

• Like 2

Hi @Brad Saucierand thanks for your input.

There are several flute tones on the CT-X800, so this could make a good basis. Actually there are two delay effects in the reverb section of the keyboard. As for the vibrato, I could use some chorus or flanger, I guess. Also, I might be able to emulate the tape effect through layering the same flute tone twice… let’s get creative.

If I manage to achieve something palatable, I’ll document this here.

Regards,

Vinciane

• Like 1