Video Files on Forum ×

Silent tone on PX-S3000?

shep

I connect my PX-S3000 to a Roland BK-7M ( module) using MidiPlus interface , however, I would like to have a split keyboard with left controlling the module with PX tones  and right using PX tones or alternatively BK tones. To use BK sounds I need to be able to silence the right hand part of the PX keyboard but still send a midi signal.

I can do this with my PX-560M but as yet can't find a way to do it on the PX-S3000. I need to be able to save a "nil" tone as a registration ie one that sends all the midi info but no sound.

Any help appreciated.....

Hi shep,

I uploaded a No Sound bank on the Downloads page a while back.  This was not a split, but I just turned off the entire keyboard volume so it would transmit MIDI signals but no sound from PX-S3000.  I use it with VSTs.  There is an option to split keyboard and adjust levels of Upper 1 Volume, Upper 2 Volume, and Lower Volume (page EN-17 in manual).  Just turn off the part(s) you don't want to hear from PX-S3000.  Try the last two banks in the attached registration that have splits (one with PX-S3000 sound on left and no sound on right but sends MIDI signals and the other is flipped).  Ignore the first two banks as those were just default sounds. I tried it with Reaper DAW and it seems to work.  I can play any VST with no PX-S3000 sound on left and PX-S3000 sounds on right or vice versa.  I hope that makes sense.

You can hopefully tweak it some more to fit your needs.

SPL_REG.RBK

• Like 1