Video Files on Forum ×

PX S3100 audio recording doubt

Cyrano

Hello everybody.

I am aware that with PX S3000 you can stream audio over Bluetooth, play on it and record the background audio  (for example an aebersold) plus your piano actual playing as wav on a pendrive connected to the USB port.

Now I understand that this is no more possible with PX S3100, as if you want to receive audio you have to use the only USB port to connect a dongle.

Is it correct? It seems to me a very awkward decision, and not certainly an upgrade…

9 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

As far as I know, you can still use the standard audio input jack for the same purpose.  Mike will be able to confirm this for us.

Yes, you are right.

Nevertheless, it would have been better (less cables/adaptors mess, les potential noises/hisses) to have maintained the internal Bluetooth, with the possibility of backing track+actual performance recording.

On the other hand, I also assume that audio overdubbing on the USB pendrive is not possible… correct?

But at the end of the day, these are only minimal issues, the instrument is very good and a workaround for this problem can be easily found.

Edited by Cyrano