Video Files on Forum ×

need help with getting sounds

KPEC3

Hi, I'm pretty ignorant about midi.

I have a PX-150.  What I want to do is somehow be able to use the electric piano sound on the PX-S3000/1000 

on my PX-150.  

Is it possible?  Can you hear it through the computer, through a DAW or other software?

I wish I could get that voice and put it into the PX-150 or some other module rather than

run it on my ancient computer, but if it only comes through the computer, then I will still try it.

I have identified the midi cable I need so far, for USB.

I still record on Garageband.  

The sound will come from the PX-S3000/1000 audio output jacks, even if you use another keyboard as the controller. You will need an audio interface for whatever device you want to record the PX-S with.

USB on each Casio is only compatible with host devices, such as a computer, mobile smart device, or USB MIDI host boxes.  Two keyboards can not be directly connected via USB without a host between them. 

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

The sound will come from the PX-S3000/1000 audio output jacks, even if you use another keyboard as the controller. You will need an audio interface for whatever device you want to record the PX-S with.

USB on each Casio is only compatible with host devices, such as a computer, mobile smart device, or USB MIDI host boxes.  Two keyboards can not be directly connected via USB without a host between them. 

Brad thanks for responding!

I don't own a px-s3000.  Are its voices available somewhere on the internet?

Or do you have to have to have the px-s3000 to use those samples, like the epiano?

Ok thanks for the help, Brad!

Now I need to figure out if I want to buy one.

I like the action, it's softer than the PX-150.

Even though this thing is way old, it still works.

Rarely have I missed a day playing it.  My favorite voice is the electric piano.

But the one on the PX-s3000 is cool because Casio has built a synth into it, which sustains.

I guess some people think it's weird, but I love it.