Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X800 keyboard ringing sound

strnglyfmlr

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what happened to my keyboard but it just started sounding weird. When I press the keys between the middle C, there's a ringing sound. I disassembled to check if something dropped or if it's dirty, I found nothing lol

Weird though, because when the top board is not in placed, it plays okay. It's just when I put it down, the ringing sound can be heard so bad again.

You can hear it from this video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

That sounds like a physical vibration to me. I would try putting my other hand in various places on the keyboard and whatever it's placed on to see if the sound goes away when I do that. I would work my way around the keyboard case, near the speakers, the controls, the music stand if it's on there, etc., then to the table or stand it's placed on. I would also check the batteries and the battery cover.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

That sounds like a physical vibration to me. I would try putting my other hand in various places on the keyboard and whatever it's placed on to see if the sound goes away when I do that. I would work my way around the keyboard case, near the speakers, the controls, the music stand if it's on there, etc., then to the table or stand it's placed on. I would also check the batteries and the battery cover.

I just dissambled it again and everything seems to be okay. I am losing my mind lol. It's on my bed when I work on it, so i don't think it's the stand.

When I literally place the top board cover, the ringing is back. It sounds worse when I screw it in place. And it's so weird because it's just the the keys on the middle C that does that >.<