Video Files on Forum ×

WK 6600 noisy keys

• 2 months later...

I have a similar issue - it's plastic against plastic and 'most' of the sound seems to occur when the keys snap back up.

Having taken these apart is seems to the the triple layering of the key assemblies and other spots where plastic hits  plastic.

Couple options - the board is reasonably disassembled so that's first.

One I've done and the other about to try.

Lubrication - to lube the keys with silicone.  Don't buy the blue stuff it's corrosive to plastic but the orange stuff for brakes works or Synthetic Grease which is thicker.  That said I think the brake stuff is better but more expensive.

Option 2 [multiple] - There's a lack of screws holding down the keys - there's holes drilled for more screws so one option to make the assembly more stable with additional screws.

Cloth tape used for wire / stereo harnessing OR I'm about to use hockey tape which is 'clothy' and just as thin. 

I'm about to put this in between the key assemblies and anywhere else the plastic is striking plastic to operate as a pad.

There's a thread on this forum - search clack keys but it's for a different model but essentially talks about using cloth tape.