Video Files on Forum ×

No answer in forums - assign modulation knob to specific function?

Kyoto92

Hi everyone,

I searched all the relevant topics and videos on youtube and I couldn't find how to assign the modulation knob to:

1. Turn on a specific DSP effect. i.e. - if I use the Drive + rotary -> can I turn on just the rotary?

2. If no. 1 is possible, is it possible to change between the fast and slow rotary? i.e. when the knob is disengaged then the speed is slow and when I press it it changes to fast (and stays fast).

I know there is a bank ready with pre-made presets but I prefer to make my own (and in general know how to use my CT-X5000).

Any help would be much appreciated

The modulation button (not a knob), can be assigned to DSP control.  All of the details are covered in the manual.  Basically, first you need to choose an organ tone which has the rotary DSP as your upper 1 tone.  Next you follow the instructions on changing the modulation button to DSP instead of vibrato, then you configure the button to target the rotary module of the DSP effect, target the parameter "speed" (fast slow), or "brake".  You may also need to configure the button to work as a toggle button, not momentary, and you may need to configure which keyboard part (tone) the button is enabled to control, you'll want upper 1 only.  All of the details are in the manual under "modulation assignable button".  Save the entire setup as a registration.