Video Files on Forum ×

Can the new CTS-500 and 1000V save the settings of the knobs in a registration?

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I've been checking out the manuals for the new CTS-500 and 1000V, and these seem like impressive keyboards.  However, as I've looked at the details of what can be saved in a registration, I don't see any mention of the parameters that you can set with the assignable knobs, such as filter cutoff and resonance and envelope generator attack and release.  The manual mentions saving other aspects of the assignable knobs to a registration, such as what the knobs are assigned to do or the part of the keyboard that they affect, but I don't see anything about saving the actual parameters that these knobs set.

In other words, if you call up a sound, and then use the assignable knobs to change the filter and envelope settings to create a new sound, I don't see anything mentioning that you can save these parameter changes, and therefore your new sound, to a registration.

Has anybody tried this out, yet?

On 1/29/2022 at 7:58 PM, SciNote said:

... I don't see any mention of the parameters that you can set with the assignable knobs, such as filter cutoff and resonance and envelope generator attack and release. 

Check out pages EN-61 to EN-62 (ENglish version) for a table with the parameters.

Edited by BillErickson
Correcting page numbers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, BillErickson said:

Check out pages EN-61 to EN-62 (ENglish version) for a table with the parameters.

I now understand that these parameters can be saved to a registration.  But you only quoted part of my sentence to provide the answer of checking out pages EN-61 to EN-62 in the manual, which did not answer my original question (it appears we're talking about the CTS-500 manual).  The original sentence quoted from my original post is...

However, as I've looked at the details of what can be saved in a registration, I don't see any mention of the parameters that you can set with the assignable knobs, such as filter cutoff and resonance and envelope generator attack and release.

You deleted the part about what can be saved in a registration, which was what I was asking.  I had seen the pages (61-62) that you referenced to find out what can be set and controlled by the knobs, but nothing on those pages discuses whether those parameters (and by parameters, I mean the actual values you set with the knobs) can be saved to a registration or not.  And again, on the pages that DO list what is saved to a registration, the actual parameters you set with these knobs is NOT listed.  The manual lists the knob assignment, what parts of the keyboard are affected by the knobs, and the K1-K2 link on/off as to what can be saved, but does not state that the actual parameter values can be saved.

Again, based on the post above and what I've read elsewhere, I've found that these parameter values can be saved to a registration, but this capability seems to have been accidentally omitted from the manual.

And, as I wrote this, I realized that I may have not been entirely clear with my question, as the word "parameters" may have been a little vague.  So, to be clear, I already knew that the functions that you assign the knobs can be saved to registration -- so that if you assigned K1 and K2 to, say, filter cutoff and resonance, then those functions of K1 and K2 can be saved to a registration.  What I did not think the manual made clear is whether the actual vales that you set with those knobs could be saved, so that, if for example, you set cutoff to 500 Hz and resonance to 30% (just giving general values, here), could those actual values you set be saved?  Like I said, it appears the answer is yes, but I did not see that in the manual.

Edited by SciNote
  • Like 1