Video Files on Forum ×

How to set different volume between Lyric and Instrument tones?

I'm not sure if I've missed something in the manual, but I can't work out how to do this for a Registration.

Here's the issue - I have a composition where I will manually switch between a Lyric Tone and an Instrument Tone during a song by using the Tone Mode Select buttons. The Registration is set up so that the keyboard is split with a bass arpeggiated patch for the lower part, and the upper part plays a separate Instrument Tone or a Lyric Tone . During the song I switch between Lyric and Instrument. However, the Instrument Tone is too quiet relative to the Lyric Tone, but if I go to the "Balance" option via the "Menu" button, I can adjust the Lower and Upper Tone  1 and 2 (keyboard split) volumes, but adjusting the Upper volume affects both the Instrument Tone and the Lyric Tone together. I'm not using the Layers mode where I could assign and adjust Upper 1 and 2 separately as I don't want the Instrument and the Lyric Tones to sound at the same time.

Is there any way to adjust the volume of the Lyric Tone and the Instrument Tone independently within a Registration?

Thanks Brad, and I was kind of thinking that might be my only option. FWIW, the Instrument Tone that I was switching to was actually one of the Sample Tones (802), so my other option is to reprocess the samples and change their volumes in an external audio editor, then re-import them back into the 1000V. If I was using the Melody Sample (801), this wouldn't be too much of an issue as there would only be one sample to deal with. But I'm using the multi-sample aspect of Drum Samples (I'm actually using it to playback multiple speech samples), so I'd have to  edit/ change the volumes of multiple individual samples and go through the process of setting them all up when importing them back. It's doable if a little laborious, therefore I was seeing if there was a quicker way of balancing the volume within the 1000V. Looks like Registrations are the way to go.!