Video Files on Forum ×

How's the arpeggiator?

Question for folks with the CT-S1000v or 500: how creative are the onboard arps? just reading the list of them, it's hard to tell how useful they are -- looks like there's a lot of variations on classic Up/Down and with 1 or 2 octave spreads, but not too many that open up poly rhythmic possibilities (ie, 3 over 4 etc). thanks in advance for any experiences....

One can get very creative with them.  They're useful for almost anything.  I used one for a delay effect, another for a tempo based filtering effect, another to layer various percussion elements over a preset drum track, another for percussive synth elements.  It's great for recording tempo synced elements as audio to a DAW as an alternative to MIDI based sync.  I'm currently recording a complex composition entirely by audio recording using that method.  

• Like 2

I've found them to be enormous fun and inspiring. I also found that when engaging the keyboard hold feature, you can interact and make the selected arpeggio play differently depending on how you trigger the notes. 

And despite not having user programmable arpeggios, there are so many presets and with the interacting aspect that I mentioned above, the possibilities are immense.