Video Files on Forum ×

PX-S3000 white keys noise / keys hitting the back of instrument's body

p4f

I bought a brand new Casio PX-S3000 exactly one week ago. I played the new piano for just a few hours and it didn't take long to start noticing a weird sound coming from some of the white keys: a kind of "plastic" noise/click, as if the back of the keys are hitting some piece of plastic inside the piano.

The videos below don't do justice to the noise. It is loud, similar to the tick of a metronome, and it is definitely annoying. Also, the affected keys ( A4 and B4 ) seems a little wobbly when compared to the remaining keys, and since there a few other keys that also feels a bit wobbly, I suspect that over time the problem might start popping up all across the board.

So far, I don't see any other option but to contact the seller and ask for a refund, something I need to decide by tomorrow because where I live we have at most 7 days to return a product. And I'm not sure I want to buy another PX-S3000 at the risk of getting another problematic piano now or in the future.

What are your opinions about this issue?

Edited by p4f

39 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Since it's a very recent new purchase, contact the seller about the issue.  That's not a normal sound for a brand new Privia.  

Thank you Brad, your reply brings more confidence in returning this instrument.

You say this is not normal for a new Privia. But I imagine that over time, this kind of problem arises due to normal usage, right? But how long? I really liked the S3000, and if it weren't for this problem with the keys, I'd get a new one without hesitation. But now I don't know what to do. 😣

What about the new S3100? Has anything changed in regard the key action/construction, something that may justify paying the extra money to pick one of these?

To be clear, the keyboard is a mechanical action, with counterweights and levers inside.  All 88 key hammer action portable keyboards will have some degree of this mechanical noise when playing.   Looking at your videos again, it's difficult to tell if that's normal or not. In the end, it's a new purchase. You should contact the dealer if you're concerned.  They can offer assistance. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...