Video Files on Forum ×

Need for an upgrade.

So I love my instruments 61 key's up to 88, But an upgrade is due for the 88 key's 

Lots of sounds and gentle for play 88 key's would suffice enough but it still have to 

be inspiring to go to, My playing style has changed considerably so are my fingers XD.

I've peen pondering and look for a second 88 key's I can switch to but it has to be ordinary 

like my current 88 key's something I can play with creating an atmosphere.  

XW-I think your current go-to 88 key is the PX5S? And i think you also have a XW-P1? Hmmm....hard to top without doubling or even tripling the price and i know of nothing inside Casio beyond the PX-560 for a possible 2nd  choice next to the PX5S. The touchscreen, hex layers, and many PX5S sounds ported over from the PX5S, as well as editing, 17-track recorder-the 560 has many very handy user programmable features, I am a fan and have studied over many of the Fantoms/DS88, Korg Kromes/Kross etc. the newest Kurzweil PC-4, Yamaha ModX, Montages. Not sure the extra thousand or 2 for the 88 key versions of a few of these are decidedly better Pianoman Chuck has an excellent Youtube review comparing for example the Korg Kross 88 to the PX560 or PX5S i forget which, might have both. Might be worth a look. I had considered the new Kurzweil PC-4, but when I suspected the 88 key assembly is a rather flimsy looking Medeli inside-still not sure but if it is, based on some pics I've found, looks cheap and not very durable-I decided against it. I also this past year acquired an older 88-key Fusion 8HD needing some repair, a truly remarkable workstation but weighs 58 pounds-has 4 different synth machines in it and is a full-blown sampler and 8-track digital recorder, pretty nice. Excellent user group too, equal to this Casio group for support/knowledge. This is a Casio group so I'll say no more. PM me if you care to. But for gigging/carrying, I'd still be taking my 560/ XW-P1 combo, covers alot of ground.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

XW-I think your current go-to 88 key is the PX5S? And i think you also have a XW-P1? Hmmm....hard to top without doubling or even tripling the price and i know of nothing inside Casio beyond the PX-560 for a possible 2nd  choice next to the PX5S. The touchscreen, hex layers, and many PX5S sounds ported over from the PX5S, as well as editing, 17-track recorder-the 560 has many very handy user programmable features, I am a fan and have studied over many of the Fantoms/DS88, Korg Kromes/Kross etc. the newest Kurzweil PC-4, Yamaha ModX, Montages. Not sure the extra thousand or 2 for the 88 key versions of a few of these are decidedly better Pianoman Chuck has an excellent Youtube review comparing for example the Korg Kross 88 to the PX560 or PX5S i forget which, might have both. Might be worth a look. I had considered the new Kurzweil PC-4, but when I suspected the 88 key assembly is a rather flimsy looking Medeli inside-still not sure but if it is, based on some pics I've found, looks cheap and not very durable-I decided against it. I also this past year acquired an older 88-key Fusion 8HD needing some repair, a truly remarkable workstation but weighs 58 pounds-has 4 different synth machines in it and is a full-blown sampler and 8-track digital recorder, pretty nice. Excellent user group too, equal to this Casio group for support/knowledge. This is a Casio group so I'll say no more. PM me if you care to. But for gigging/carrying, I'd still be taking my 560/ XW-P1 combo, covers alot of ground.

Want to ad a second 88 keys to my arsenal , Was ponder the CDP S360 cause of the touch of it or the PX560. 

Haven't wrote the PX5S off I've put it straight against the wall once and looked at it its a beautiful stage piano still. 

And I love to play on it but it gets heavy on the fingers at time , I do heavy lifting and bending with my hands.

Its like bench pressing I'm use to it but they cramp once a while make it hard to play. 

Got enough light keys like XW-G1 and CT-S1 , A roland controller keyboard but one 88 key I return to allot so that why 

my search for a second one.