Video Files on Forum ×

Overlap recordings on px-s3000?

Ammon

On 5/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, Brad Saucier said:

If you want audio from the keyboard, I would probably record directly to a computer with some recording software.  

Like what? Should I maybe invest in some hardware too? I'm very new to all this digital stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video.  I will point out that the presenter says computers "used to" have a line input, which allows one to directly connect the keyboard to the computer for recording instead of having to use an interface.  I admit I hang on to my computers longer than most, but I don't think I'm the only one who still has a line input -- in my case, an older MacBook Pro laptop, which has a stereo mini jack that can function as either an audio output or an audio input.  (I understand that more recent versions may have a four-conductor jack to allow simultaneous output and input, which might complicate things.)  So it's possible that Ammon might not need to get an interface.  As for sound cards, don't computers typically come with analog to digital conversion built in?